CareFusion MicroLab MK8 is a highly portable Spirometer, allowing it to be used in a physicians office or for bedside testing.
All the unit's features can be easily accessed by simply touching the chosen function's corresponding icon. This, together with fast textual data entry using a stylus or the optional MicroMouse makes the system's use highly intuitive.Highly portable and beautifully designed, the new generation MicroLab has been developed for the professional. Employing Micro Medical's acclaimed precision GOLD STANDARD Digital Volume Transducer (especially suited to measuring very low flow rates in patients with COPD) the instrument has a wide angle, high-resolution colour touch-screen.
A quiet and very fast printer with easy-load paper mechanism is integrated. The printout can be fully customised and can also be linked directly to external printers.
Equipped with many advanced functions the MicroLab is fully compatible with CareFusion's Spirometry PC Software (SPCS) - the worlds' most comprehensive Spirometry PC software package - and meets all international standards for performance and accuracy. There are over 40,000 Micro Medical MicroLab Spirometers in use around the world; this new generation model is truly the most advanced portable Spirometer The Gold Standard transducer from Micro Medical gives the most precise volume and flow measurements for Asthma and COPD patients.
Especially effective at low flows, it complies with all current ATS (12) and other recognised international standards for accuracy. This means that Micro Medical's world beating spirometers are the definitive benchmark for accurate respiratory measurement bar none
- Fully compliant to ATS/ERS 2005 Standard (12)
- High definition colour touch-screen
- Simple screen icon interface using stylus or optional MicroMouse
- Fast on-screen textual entry enabling comments and report writing
- Fast, quiet printer with easy load paper mechanism
- Fully customisable printout format
- Direct connection to external Hewlett Packard printers
- Unique contextual Help Screens (language selectable) with dedicated Help Button
- 41 inspiratory and expiratory indices measurable
- On-screen graphical child incentive device
- Large 2000 patient test memory
- Optional Spida 5 or SpidaXpert PC software
- Internationally recognised on-screen test quality assurance prompts (e.g. slow start, abrupt end etc.) ensuring quality test results
- Unique 'today's testing feature' - creating a list of patients tested or to be tested
- Numerous predicted values and languages selectable
- 'Lung Age' assessment and textual result interpretation by ATS (9), BTS-NICE (10) or Enright (11)
- Body Mass Index and Dyspnoea Score
- Bronchodilator and/or Steroid assessment
- Complete with all accessories in a sturdy carrying case
- Measurements (forced): VC, FEV.75, FEV1, FEV3, FEV6, FVC, PEF, FEV.75/VC, FEV.75/FVC, FEV1/VC, FEV1/FVC (FER), FEV3/VC, FEV3/FVC, FEV.75/FEV6, FEV1/FEV6, FEF25 (MEF75), FEF50 (MEF50), FEF75 (MEF25), FEF25-75 (MMEF), FEF50/VC, FEF50/FVC, MMEF/FVC (FEF25-75/FVC), FIV1, FIVC, PIF, FIV1/FIVC (FIR), FIF25 (MIF75), FIF50 (MIF50), FIF75 (MIF25), R50 (FEF50/FIF50), MET25-75, FET, MVV (ind.)
- Measurements (relaxed): EVC, IVC, IC, VT (TV), Ti, Te, Ti/Ttot., VT/Ti (TV/Ti), IRV, ERV, FR
- Tests per Subject: 5 relaxed VC manoeuvres and 8 forced manoeuvres for each baseline and two post examinations.
- Predicted Values: Various - depends upon national preference (including NHANESIII)
- Transducer: Micro Medical Gold Standard Bi-Directional Digital Volume
- Resolution: 10ml volume 0.025l/s flow
- Accuracy: ±3% to ATS recommendations - Standardisation of Spirometry ATS/ERS 2005 update(12)
- Storage: 2000 patients with tests including Flow/Volume loops and Volume/Time graphs
- Printer Output (Internal printer): 13mm/s (avg)
- Printer Output (External printer): Please contact us for a list of compatible printers for this device
- Power Supply: Input: 100-240V AC 50-60Hz Output: 12V 2.5A
- Battery Pack: Rechargeable NiMH 8.4V 1Ah
- Dimensions: 25.5cm x 12cm x 3.5cm Transducer 50 x 60 x 90mm
- Weight: 630g (excluding transducer)
- Temperature: The instrument will operate in a uniform environment of 0°C - 40°C, out of direct sunlight
- Operating Humidity: 30-90% non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to +70°C
- Storage Humidity: 10% to 90% RH
- Connectivity: RS232 serial and USB 1.