Thanks to Braun’s patented pre-warmed tip and ExacTemp® technology, Braun ThermoScan is widely regarded as a benchmark for accuracy and reliability. That’s why most health professionals choose Braun ThermoScan. In fact, Braun ThermoScan is the number one brand among doctors.
Key product features for the new Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT6020
- Patented pre-warmed tip ensures accuracy
- ExacTemp guidance system function: light & beep alert for accurate positioning
- Fast, gentle and easy to use
- Last reading recall to track temperature
- Hygienic disposable lens filters. BPA and Latex free
How does Braun ThermoScan work?
Braun ThermoScan measures the infrared heat generated by the eardrum and surrounding tissues. To help avoid inaccurate temperature measurements, the probe tip is warmed to a temperature close to that of the human body. When the Braun ThermoScan is placed in the ear, it continuously monitors the infrared energy. The measurement is fi nished and the result displayed when the thermometer detects that an accurate temperature measurement has been taken
Why measure in the ear?
The goal of thermometry is to measure core body temperature, which is the temperature of the vital organs. Ear temperatures accurately refl ect core body temperature , since the eardrum shares blood supply with the temperature control center in the brain , the hypothalamus. Therefore, changes in body temperature are refl ected sooner in the ear than at other sites. Axillary temperatures measure skin temperature and may not be a reliable indicator of core body temperature. Oral temperatures are infl uenced by drinking, eating and mouth breathing. Rectal temperatures often lag behind changes in core body temperature and there is a risk of cross-contamination.
- Displayed temperature range: 34 – 42.2 °C (93.2 – 108 °F)
- Operating ambient temperature range: 10 – 40 °C (50 – 104 °F)
- Storage temperature range: -25 – 55 °C (-13 – 131 °F)
- Operating and storage relative humidity: 10-95% RH (non condensing)
- Display resolution: 0.1 °C or °F
- Accuracy for displayed temperature range Maximum Laboratory Error
35 – 42 °C (95 – 107.6 °F): ±0.2 °C (±0.4 °F)
- Outside this range: ±0.3 °C (±0.5 °F)
- Clinical repeatability: ±0.14 °C (±0.26 °F)
- Battery life: 2 years / 600 measurements
- Service life: 5 years