This Polartherm™ Clamshell Thermal Vaccine Bag has been designed to maintain temperature of between 2 and 8°C for up to a maximum of 4 hours with the correct use of cooling blocks. The bag is made of our patented Polartherm™ material; independent trials have proven that product temperature change is Circa 0.73°Centigrade per hour.
The Polartherm™ Clamshell Thermal Bag to use:
- Be sensitive where you keep the vaccine bag. Try to avoid warm areas and direct sunlight and preferably keep in a cool shaded area.
- Always precondition the vaccines by refrigerating them for a minimum of 48 hours at Circa 2-4°C before transferring to the thermal bag.
- Coolants should be kept for a minimum of 24 hours in a refrigerator at between 2-4°C before use.
Loading the Bag:
Bring the bag close to the fridge
Take out the two coolants from the fridge and the vaccines
- Place one coolant in the bottom of the bag beneath the straps
- Place the second coolant beneath the straps at the top of the bag
- Place the vaccines in the centre of the bag on top of the bottom coolant
- Close the bag and securely zip up the lid.
Note 1: this process should be carried out as quickly as possible.
Note 2. When in transit lay the bag flat and not upright.
- Weight with coolants: 2 kgs
- External surface material: Cotton coated PVC
- Internal lining material: Cotton coated PVC
- Insulation material: Patented Polartherm™ material
- Insulation thickness: 45mm
- External dimensions: Width: 300mm height: 120mm depth: 270mm
- Internal dimensions: width: 250mm height: 70mm depth: 200mm
- Lid type and fixings: Zip
- Number of icepacks supplied: 2 x coolants take up 4cm of height space
- Cold life without opening: 17 hours if unopened.
- Thermal Conductance: (W/m².K) 1.01 ± 0.1
- Thermal Conductivity: (W/m.K) 0.05 ± 0.005
Removing the vaccines:
- This process should be undertaken as quickly as possible and the lid of the bag should be opened the minimum required to remove the vaccines to prevent warm air from entering the thermal bag. Once the vaccines have been removed the bag should be closed and the zip securely fastened.
- If transporting in a car do not leave on parcel shelf or seat, or in direct sunlight; ideally keep in the boot.
- In the vaccination centre/pharmacy be aware of where the bag is kept; ideally keep in a cool place away from direct sunlight
- If monitoring temperature always be careful to track the temperature of the product and not the air around it by getting the sensor as close as possible to the vaccines.