The new Stuart range of analogue Hotplate stirrers have been designed to seamlessly blend scientific precision with contemporary styling, to meet the day to day needs of today’s scientific professionals and students. A simple clean body allows for any spillages to be easily deflected from the user. A spill-resistant front control module with chemically toughened glass, means you can clearly see what’s going on without fear of cosmetic damage to the unit.
The mains independent "Hot" warning light will flash whenever the plate temperature is above 50°C even when the hotplate is turned off and unplugged from the mains.
Powerful magnets and motor give stirring speeds up to 2000 rpm and are capable of mixing large volumes (up to 15 litres *).
All models have an integral fixing point for a retort rod and are supplied with 2 x 25mm PTFE coated stir bars.
A `hockey stick’ array of LED’s display set and then actual temperature of the unit, with the LED’s progressively illuminating to indicate the actual surface temperature.
The hotplate units can also be used in conjunction with the Stuart SCT1 digital contact thermometer when accurate sample temperature control is required up to 200°C.
Ceramic units offer excellent chemical resistance and are easy to clean. The thermal properties of a ceramic surface allow very high plate temperatures, while cool edges reduce the chance of accidental burns. The white surface ensures good visibility of colour changes, for titrations for example.
Ceramic coated Aluminium surfaces offer a robust top plate with excellent heat transmission. The top plate has a thin ceramic coating for added chemical resistance. A 700W element gives rapid heating and ensures even temperature distribution across the whole surface of the plate.
The entire Stuart range is protected by BioCote antimicrobial protection.
Analogue units are available in three colour choices, blue, black and white.
* Based on water contained in a 20 litre glass bottom boiling flask
- Plate material: Glass ceramic
- Plate dimensions, mm: 150 x150
- Heated area, mm: 120 x 120
- Heater power, W: 500
- Display resolution °C: 1
- Max. plate temp. °C with probe °C: 450
- Connection for Ext. temperature sensor: SCT1 Contact thermometer
- Control accuracy with probe °C: ±1°C
- Hot warning light: Mains Independent
- Programmable: No
- Stirrer speed, rpm: 200 to 2000
- Max. stirring capacity, litres: 15
- Available colours: Blue, White, Black
- Net weight, kg: 2.85 kg
- Overall dimensions (w x d x h): 180 x 300 x 93
- Electrical supply: 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz