Safe to Use
Free of all aldehydes, chlorine and phenols.
Alkasept-Ultra is both safe and pleasant to use with its pleasant ‘pamplemouse’ aroma.
Alkasept-Ultra is also environmentally friendly the solution being nontoxic and fully biodegradable.
Supplied in a concentrated form with dosing device, Alkasept dilutes with ordinary tap water at 2% dilution allowing a full 50 litres of user strength solution from each 1 litre pack.
Presented in a flask of 1 litre concentrate with integral dosing device.
Directions for Use
1. For use in manual pre-sterilisation instrument cleaning
- Using the dosing device dilute Alkasept-Ultra concentrate with clean, warm tap water to achieve a minimum 2% solution (20ml concentrate to 1 litre water)
- Completely immerse (preferably disassembled) instruments into the solution.
- Wearing suitable protective clothing, scrub the instrument thoroughly with the aid of a long handled scrubbing brush.
- Rinse instruments thoroughly on removal using clean rinse water and inspect that no visible contamination remains on the instrument.
2. For use with an ultrasonic bath
- Alkasept-Ultra concentrate diluted as above (2% solution) is most suitable for use within an ultrasonic bath for instrument pre-sterilisation cleaning given a minimum 5 minute contact time
(In accordance with labelling regulations)
For professional use only.
CONCENTRATE: Dilute as per user instructions.
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes
- Wear suitable gloves
- Change to fresh solution daily or earlier should soiling of the solution become evident
- Unused diluted solution may be stored for use for up to 7 days
- For advice on handling/storage refer to product safety data sheet
- Empty containers should be thoroughly rinsed with water prior to disposal/recycling
1. Avoid contact corrosion by separating stainless steel from NON stainless steel instruments and disinfect separately.
2. Discard corroded instruments, (rust particles are transferred from one instrument to another during cleaning, disinfecting and sterilising).
3. To help preserve instrument life a second and short final rinse using demineralised water is recommended.