Alkacide concentrate diluted water to a 5% solution complies with European standards for disinfection and provides for Bactericidal, Fungicidal and Virucidal activity with a 15 minute contact time.
Sporicidal activity is achieved with extended contact time.
Each 1 litre of Alkacide concentrate provides for 20 litres at the recommended dilution rate.
Presented in a flask of 1 litre concentrate with integral dosing device.
Directions for Use
Using a dedicated container dilute Alkacide Concentrate with ordinary cold tap water to achieve the recommended 5% solution.
Example 50ml Concentrate = 1 litre of solution.
Completely immerse precleaned instruments into the solution for the recommended contact time.
After immersion rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Change to fresh solution daily or earlier should soiling of the solution become evident.
Chemical Composition of User
0.425% 1.5 Pentanedial
Non Ionic and Catonic Surfactants,
Corrosion and Scale Inhibitors.
1. Avoid contact corrosion by separating stainless steel from NON stainless steel instruments and disinfect separately.
2. Discard corroded instruments, (rust particles are transferred from one instrument to another during cleaning, disinfecting and sterilising).
3. To help preserve instrument life a second and short final rinse using demineralised water is recommended.
(In accordance with labelling regulations)
- Harmful by inhalation and if swallowed
- Irritating to eyes and skin
- Risk of serious damage to eyes
- May cause sensitisation by inhalation and skin contact
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection
- Use only in well ventilated areas
- In case of accident or if you feel unwell seek medical advice immediately (show the label where possible)
- Change to fresh solution daily or earlier should soiling of the solution become evident
- Unused diluted solution may be stored for use for up to 7 Days
- For advice on handling/storage refer to product
safety data sheet
- Empty containers should be thoroughly rinsed with water prior to disposal/recycling