OFFICIAL UK DISTRIBUTOR - PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A PRICE
BREAST-i™ - Non-diagnostic breast self-examination device. Assisting in early detection of breast cancer.
The BREAST-i™ is used to give an interior view of your breast with use of a powerful light pressed against the skin. Assisting you in keeping an eye on your breasts and helping to spot any changes which may occur. A powerful tool in giving an early edge in the ability to monitor blood vessels, identify abnormal tissues and spot potential tumours/ lesions.
The BREAST-i™ can be used at home for self-examination or by a GP at a surgery. This device utilised scientifically proven, patented light technology adapted by UK scientists.
- Small, hand-held portable device
- Examinations in just 6 minutes
- Technologically advanced skin sensors
- Adjustable light intensity levels
- Light setting memory
- High Intensity LEDs
- No lubrication required
- No tissue compression needed
- Clinically researched
- Patended technology
- Rechargeable device
- Screening aid
This health screening product can be used for preventative breast cancer examination at home or in a medical setting to offer an aid in the diagnosis of breast lesions at an affordable cost. The BREAST-i™ is CE certified and female clinical trials of the product have successfully identified cases of breast cancer that would not have shown up with traditional hand screening examinations.
Any cancer detected by BREAST-i™ is likely to be serious since it is detected by associated angiogenesis, implying that it is already in the exponentially growing phase. It must be realised that X-rays and light are monitoring different features of the breast, tissue density and neovascularisation, respectively. Should a shadow or cluster be spotted then medical consultation should be pursued.
How to use the BREAST-i™
Use the BREAST-i™ whilst sitting or standing in a darkened room, looking down directly at your breasts. Switch on and place the device under the breast. Gently press the lens into the breast, light is transmitted through breast tissues. Adjust the brightness until the skin is a uniform pink or red colour with darker lines representing the presence of blood vessels. Move the device to screen the breast, take note of the appearance and keep an eye out for any shadows or clusters..
- BREAST-i™ CE Compliance Declaration, Oct 2016
- MHRA Registration and Export Sale Certified, Jan 2019
- European Patent, No: EP1750575B this covers France, Germany and the United Kingdom. Filed in May 2005, this now covers light suppression features and memory of last light intensity level utilized.
- BREAST-i™ UK Intellectual Property Office Trademark: UK00003036859, registered in Jan 2014
- Design renewal registered with UK Intellectual Property Office, No: 4034270, Feb 2019
- EN ISO 13485:2016 Registration
- Frank Ghartey, David Watmough, Samuel Debrah, Martin Morna, Akwasi Anyanful  International Journal of Breast Cancer - BREAST-i is an effective and reliable adjunct screening tool for detecting early tumour related angiogenesis of breast cancers in low resource sub-Saharan countries.
- BREAST-i screening report - March to October 2017, Mammocare Ghana Clinical Screening.
- Watmough D.J. . Diaphanography; Mechanism responsible for the images. Acta. Radiologica Oncol. 21, 11-15.