What Is a Suction Machine Used For?
The suction machine also known as an aspirator, is used for the removal of various obstructions, such as mucus, saliva, blood and secretions from an individual’s airway.
Particularly crucial for when a patient is unable to clear their own airway due to lack of consciousness or an ongoing medical procedure. Suction machines serve as a lifeline by ensuring unimpeded breathing through the maintenance of a clear airway.
Suction machines find utility across diverse medical settings, both pre-hospital and in-hospital. Their integration with other medical technologies enhances their efficacy in addressing life-threatening conditions.
Whether preventing pulmonary aspiration, inhibiting the backflow of liquids into the body, facilitating breathing by maintaining clear air passages, suction apparatuses have become indispensable tools for healthcare practitioners.
Take a look at three of our most popular suction machines below.
Built to last, Laerdal Compact Suction Machine combines rugged design with lightweight portability, an essential tool for every first responder.
High performance and low cost. No vacuum tube between the canister and the suction pump is necessary – just click-in-place and go.
A clean and efficient solution, a used canister can be replaced quickly with a new one when suctioning is completed. The canister is sealed, with an internal filter. The filter automatically stops suction/flow when the canister is full or the filter becomes saturated if the unit tips onto its side during use.
- One-hand-grip design
- Small and lightweight
- Click-in-place 300 ml canister, no vacuum tube needed
- 800 ml canister option when extra volume is needed
- Disposable canister systems
- 2 year limited warranty
MGE SAM Emergency Portable Suction (EPS) Unit is a battery operation aspirator. Lightweight for transport with high performance plus low energy and a rotating collection bottle.
These lightweight units are ideal for use by emergency services and incorporate many new innovative features to aid the user during operation. The SAM e.p.s is a mobile unit, due to its lightweight and compact nature, produced with a built-in handle for moving the unit quickly and efficiently.
The SAM e.p.s unit has been specifically designed following consultations with doctors, paramedics, resuscitation officers and other medical staff and is suitable for use in ambulances, general hospital wards, critical care units, clinics and out in the community.
- Fitted with autoclavable 1000cc collection bottle that supports multiple liner systems: Reusable, Serres, VacSax or Abbott
- Pump requires minimum maintenance and gives smooth and quiet operation
- Run via mains power or 12v24v power supply, also fitted with on-board power supplying lengthy running times from the battery
- Designed to be very lightweight for portable use and carrying
- Controls and display panel are illuminated for easy visibility during use
- Simple controls with rotating On/Off switch, which also controls vacuum level
The Vacu-Aide Compact is a small and lightweight portable aspirator with critical safety and performance advantages.
The Vacu-Aide Compact is the smallest and strongest suction unit of its kind, while featuring a convenient carrying bag that provides discrete suction on the go. The Vacu-Aide Compact is ideal for home or hospital use and meets the stringent ISO 10079-1 standards for emergency transport suction.
It can be used from its internal battery or directly from the power supply.
- Vacuum adjustment allows for 50–500 mm Hg +/- 10% and a free flow of 27 litres/minute
- Enhanced battery life for up to one-hour operation
- Meets ISO10079-1:1999 high vacuum, high flow classification
- Compact package weighs only 3.37 lb
- Comes complete with a rechargeable battery, 12 V DC in car charger, reusable canister, mains lead and carry case